Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Little hands make awesome bread

I pulled out my bread machine the other day because I like it for making pizza dough. I saved a piece of Friday night's pizza dough and later in the evening used it to start a bread dough in my bread machine. I went the starter route mixing the dough with only warm water and flour. The next morning I used that starter which had sat out overnight to make the final dough using ¾ cup warm water, 3 cups flour, 1 tbsp kosher salt, 2 tsp yeast, 1 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp olive oil. I let it go the whole dough cycle in the bread machine and then transferred it to a bowl to rise another hour. Then Lily helped me stretch and fold it.




We let it rise in a warm place for 2 hours before shaping the dough. The loaves then rose another 2 hours before I steamed the oven and baked the loaves at 500 degrees.




It came out AWESOME! So yummy. The next day the crust was like leather but on the day it was baked it was wonderful! I need to remember to use my bread machine more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment