Thursday, October 14, 2010

What do you do when you have too much zucchini? You make bread with it of course. I found this recipe for zucchini bread in one of my cookbooks and I made it. It came out sooo good. My kids even like it. It's a sweet quick bread, not a "real" bread like I've been making. But I am working on a sourdough too, those take a while to develop so in the meantime here's a really great zucchini bread recipe!



1 1/2 cups sugar

3 eggs

1 cup vegtable oil

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

1 tsp kosher salt

1 tbsp ground cinnamon

2 cups grated zucchini

1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (toasted ones are even yummier)

1 tbsp vanilla extract



Mix sugar, eggs & oil, beat with mixer until thick and lemon color, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, beat until combined. Add zucchini, nuts and vanilla; mix until combined. Split into two greased loaf pans. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Let cool before trying to remove from the pan.








I used walnuts in my bread but I'm lazy so I didn't toast my nuts, I bet the bread would have been even better if I did. You totally can't taste any zucchini in the bread. It is so wonderful for breakfast with a cup of tea, or for a nice late night snack with a cup of tea. I love tea and I love this zucchini bread. Try it with one of the zucchini your neighbor pawns off on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment